Albondigas is a classic dish from Mexico that is prepared a variety of different ways.
Every region and family has their own interpretation for this dish, but the reality is that—no matter how it’s prepared—every Mexican adores this homemade recipe.
Here is my own recipe for albondigas which are juicy, a little bit spicy, and full of flavor.
Albondigas with Chipotle Peppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes or 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers marinated to taste
- ¼ white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1.1 pounds of ground beef
1 raw egg
¼ white onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic finely diced
1 sprig of coriander chopped
4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
Preparing the albondigas
- Mix all of the ingredients until they are combined well.
- Begin creating the meatballs and set aside.
shop food & snacks
Preparing the salsa
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the sauce.
- Fry the sauce using 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the bay leaves once the sauce starts to boil.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add meatballs and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
Serving the albondigas
- Serve the albóndigas with rice and fresh tortillas.
Follow Carlos on Instagram
other posts you may love...
Book a Free Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!
Leave a comment