If you love mango and mezcal, this is the perfect margarita recipe for you!
All you need is five minutes and a few simple ingredients that should be easy to find at the grocery store.
Mango Mezcal Margaritas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 margaritas
1 large, ripe mango
2 ounces mezcal of your choice
2 ounces triple sec
Tajin + granulated sugar
Garnish (such as rosemary, basil or dried chili peppers)
Handblown stemless wine glasses or make it a double with handblown tall glass tumblers
Preparing the cocktail
- Peel and slice mango.
- Add mango to the blender.
- Squeeze all the juice from one lime into the blender.
- Add the mezcal + triple sec to the blender and blend until smooth.
Preparing the garnish
- Slice the second lime into wedges.
- Combine Tajin + granulated sugar in a small bowl or shallow plate
- Use lime wedges to moisten the rim of each glass.
- Dip each glass (rim side down) into the Tajin + sugar.
- Carefully add a few ice cubes into each glass and then pour in the blended mixture.
- Finish with a garnish of your choice (we love garnishing with basil + dried chili peppers, or an aromatic rosemary sprig.)
- You can also keep it simple and classic with the leftover lime wedges.
Freeze the mango slices for a few hours prior to making.
Add the frozen mango + a few ice cubes into the blender.
If it’s very thick, add a small amount of liquid (such as orange juice or coconut water).
Pour directly into the Tajin-rimmed glasses, no extra ice needed!
other posts you may love...
Book a Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!