Margaritas are traditional Mexican cocktails made with tequila or mezcal. If you’re not a fan of sweet drinks, this spicy cucumber margarita will do the trick.
Refreshing and savory, this alcoholic beverage can be paired with your favorite Mexican dish or it can simply be a delicious happy hour treat.
Spicy Cucumber Margarita
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2-3 cocktails
3.38 ounces tequila or mezcal
3.38 ounces Grand Marnier
4.05 ounces of lime juice
1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
2.7 ounces of agave syrup
1 cilantro stem and leaf
1 slice of jalapeño or serrano chile, without the seeds or vein so that it’s less spicy
(Note: Feel free to adjust spice to taste preference)
2.5 cups of ice
Lime and worm salt or Tajín
- Frost each glass, rubbing the edge of each rim with lime and topping it off with Tajín or whichever chile powder you prefer.
- Add your lime juice, cucumber, cilantro, and chile to a blender. Blend all of your ingredients until the consistency is smooth. Set aside.
- Add 2.5 cups of ice to the blender, along with the blended cucumber mix, agave syrup and alcohols. Vigorously blend until smooth.
- Serve with a slice of cucumber inside the glass.
- To add some fizz, add a splash of sparkling water when serving.
¡Salud! We hope you enjoy the recipe for this spicy cucumber jalapeño margarita.
Follow Carlos on Instagram
other posts you may love...
Book a Free Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!