This recipe was originally published on October 27, 2015 and has been modified and updated for our new website.
- 4 Poblano peppers
- 1 medium-sized queso fresco
- 4 corns on the cob
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
shop food & snacks
Roasting the poblano peppers & corn
- Roast your poblano peppers.
- Once they have been roasted, place them in a plastic bag so they can 'sweat.'
- Roast your corn and de-kernel.
Preparing the relleno (stuffing)
- Crumble your queso fresco in a small round bowl.
- In the same bowl, add your corn that has already been roasted and de-kerneled and add the onion, which has been finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Preparing the poblano peppers
- Take the poblano peppers out of the plastic bag. Peel them and wash them under water.
- Open the poblano pepper with a knife and make a small incision from top to bottom. (See picture above).
- Wash the poblano pepper and take out the seeds, make sure that they have been washed well already.
- Then place your chiles in another small bowl and soak them with 4 tablespoons of white vinegar for 15 minutes. If already very spicy, this makes the poblano pepper less hot.
- Take out the poblano peppers and dry them well.
- Begin to fill them with queso fresco, corn, and onion.
- Close the poblano pepper with a toothpick.
Book a Free Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!