A classic margarita is always tasty and refreshing. And once you master the base, you can get creative adding fruits or interesting fresh herbs and garnishes. If you like jalapeños, why not try this spicy margarita recipe?
Agave syrup has become the new go-to sweetener for margaritas, and for good reason. The combination of the two agave-based ingredients, agave syrup and tequila, pair nicely together. But if you don’t have agave syrup, simple syrup will work, just adjust the amount as below.
With anything spicy, be aware of your comfort level and add more or less based on your taste. Be sure to remove all seeds and the white part of the jalapeño before slicing.
For a new take on a well-loved Mexican cocktail, follow our spicy margarita recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 cocktails
1.5 to 2 ounces of tequila blanco
2-4 thin slices of jalapeño, de-seeded
1.5 ounces lime juice
1 lime wedge + 1 additional lime wedge or round
1/4 ounce agave syrup or 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Coarse sea salt
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a tumbler glass.
- Dip the rim upside down in a layer of the sea salt to coat the rim. Add ice to the glass.
- Add 2-3 thin slices of de-seeded jalapeño and the agave or simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle.
- Add tequila, lime juice, and a tiny pinch of salt to the shaker.
- Add a few cubes of ice and shake for about 15 seconds until the shaker is frosty.
- Strain into the salted-rim tumbler, over ice.
- Add a garnish of a lime round on the rim, and an extra slice of jalapeño (if you don’t mind the heat).
Salud! We hope you enjoyed this spicy margarita recipe.
other posts you may love...
Book a Free Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!