Pork Sirloin with Zucchini & Corn
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 6 people
- 1 pound of pork sirloin
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 tablespoons of Canola oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen corn
- 2 green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of Maggi juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr tomato powder
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
Preparing the ingredients
Cut the pork into small cubes, making sure to eliminate all of the fat.
Fill a medium pot halfway with water.
Bring the water to boil.
Add the tomatoes.
While the water is boiling, use a wooden spoon to turn the tomatoes—making sure they are fully cooked on both sides.
Once the tomatoes are fully cooked, turn off the stove and pour the pot of water into a strainer.
(Please Note: Be extra careful not to burn yourself!)
Use a fork to remove the tomatoes from the strainer and run each tomato under cool water.
Once the tomatoes have cooled down, peel them making sure to remove all of the skin and stem.
Add your tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cilantro to a blender.
Blend everything together making sure the ingredients are mixed well.
Dice 1/2 small onion very finely.
Dice 1 clove of garlic very finely.
Roughly chop the cilantro.
Chop the zucchini into 1/4 slices.
Preparing the pork sirloin
- In a medium-size frying pan with a lid, add the oil, onion, and garlic
- Sauté the onion and garlic until it browns
- Add the pork an flip it, making sure it is fully browned on both sides
- Add the zucchini, corn, tomato sauce and tomato cube broth
- Cover the frying pan and cook the meat and veggies on medium heat until they are fully cooked (Please Note: Make sure not to overcook the zucchini or corn.)
Serving the calabacitas
Serve with corn tortillas and white or red Mexican rice.
other posts you may love...
Book a Free Travel Consultation
Mexico in My Pocket has just launched a new consultation service for anyone looking for some help planning their next Mexico vacation. Our goal is to create a custom itinerary that will give you incredible memories!