Location: Brooklyn, NY
When: Internship to start January 22, 2024
Accepting Applications Until: January 15, 2024
Are you obsessed with all things e-commerce, handmade artisan craft, and the beauty of Mexican culture? Then you might be the right person to join our growing team at Mexico In My Pocket!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative intern (Spanish-speaking is a plus!), who is interested in learning what it takes to run an e-commerce business.
In this position, you’ll learn how to navigate the general day-to-day operations of order fulfillment, customer service and management, and online marketing.
If you’re a student who has always dreamed of starting your own business, then this is the perfect role for you!
You’ll get to work directly with our founder and CEO and get invaluable behind-the-scenes experience at what it takes to scale an online business by learning to use tools like Shopify, Klaviyo, and Facebook ads.
We are looking for someone with an eagerness to jump in and learn who can also offer creative solutions to problems. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
This internship is part-time and for college credit only. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Spring 2024 Internship".
Requirements & Benefits:
- Must be based in New York City
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle deadline-driven tasks
- Must be available to work four days per week/ four hours each day (Wednesday - Saturday)
- Experience using Shopify, Canva, Klaviyo and/or other email marketing software is a plus
- Experience in order management and customer service is a plus
- Must be able to available to commit to Spring semester
- $300 monthly stipend will be offered
- Assist our fulfillment associate in overseeing inventory and fulfillment operations across mexicoinmypocket.com
- Assist fulfillment associate in packing and shipping all online orders
- Work directly with our founder to update the website, new inventory, including images and detailed product descriptions
- Communicate with team members to ensure that customer interactions and/or requests are taken care of
- Assist with merchandising and operational requirements of our brick and mortar location
- Assist with email marketing, Facebook ads, and other online marketing tools
- Follow all store operational policies and procedures