Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Chilli
Serves 4 // Prep 10 min // Cook 45 min. approx
- 7 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 garlic with skin on and slightly bashed
- Some fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp smoked chipotle paste
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- Some sourcream
- chilli oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise, place them on a tray with the garlic and thyme, sprinkle some salt, pepper and rapeseed oil.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and roast them for around 30 min.
- Put them in a blender with one garlic (one that has been roasted with the potatoes).
- Add the smoke chipotle paste and vegetable stock and blend until getting a smooth consistency.
- Serve it as a starter or light lunch in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream and chilli oil.