Makes 4 jars of 250 ml // Prep 10 min // Cook 1 hr approx
- 1 Kg or 2.2 lbs ripe papaya cut in chunks
- 800 gr or 3 cups jam sugar
- 2 lemons
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 dried arbol chilli (optional)
- 4 sterilized jam jars
- Heat the papaya, water and lemon juice in a large sauce pan, once it has been cooking for around 10 min., mash it very well to get a pure consistency.
- Add the jam sugar and stir it continuously until it dissolves. Let it simmer - stirring from time to time. Once the sugar has dissolved, let it cook for around 15 min. and turn it off.
- Pour the jam into the sterilized jars (while still hot). Seal the jars and let them cool at room temperature. Store them in the fridge.
'Like' Karla on Facebook: Mexican Food Memories // 'Follow' Karla on Twitter: @MexicanFoodMem // 'Follow' Karla on Instagram: @MexicanFoodMemories // Read Karla's MIMP bio here. For more of Karla's contributed recipes on MIMP click here.