Apple 'Manzana' Burritos
Dolores "Lola" Wiarco Dweck from Lola's Cocina was kind enough to share this recipe for apple burritos with MIMP! Make sure to visit her website for more amazing Mexican food recipes. And stay tuned for her 'Feature Friday' this month!
1 ½ cup sugar
2 cups water
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
4 cups peeled, chopped Golden Delicious (or something similar) apples
½ lemon juiced
2 teaspoons cinnamon
10 8-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Spread melted butter to coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine apples, juice, and cinnamon, stirring to coat well.
- Spoon about ½ cup of apples down the center of a tortilla. Roll it up like a burrito, and place seam side down in buttered pan.
- Pour sugary syrup over burritos and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped or sour cream and powdered cinnamon. I actually served my apple burrito with Mexican crema and it was delicious!